Introducing kerbside pick-up at Readings
We’re delighted to announce that from today (Monday 4 May) we are offering a kerbside pick-up service at our Hawthorn, Malvern, Kids and St Kilda shops this week. Our Carlton shop will also be offering the service on Friday 8 May and Saturday 9 May.
If you’re looking to pick up a last-minute Mother’s Day gift, we have plenty of terrific books on offer and can provide recommendations on the spot.
How does it work?
- The service will be available at our Carlton, Kids, Hawthorn, St Kilda and Malvern shops from from 10am to 3pm, on Friday 8 May and Saturday 9 May.
- We recommend browsing our website to plan your purchase first – whether in fiction, non-fiction, crime, biography, children’s literature, and more.
- Once you’ve made your selection, you can call ahead to place your order. That’s the best way to ensure the items are in stock, as our stock data on the website is only updated overnight, and availability may change throughout the day.
- We also welcome drop-bys at four of our shops: Kids, Hawthorn, St Kilda and Malvern. You can simply knock on the door and order and pick up at the same time, but please note we can only guarantee a specific book will be available if you call ahead.
- To use the service at our Carlton shop, customers must now call ahead to place their order, rather than dropping by. This is to ensure we can cater to demand efficiently and safely.
- If there are customers waiting when you arrive, please ensure you practice social distancing as you wait.
- The service is not available at our Doncaster or State Library shops, and we are unable to arrange collection of any online orders.
- The book must be in-stock at the store itself. We can not currently organise transfers between our shops.
We are delighted to offer this service and see some of our regulars in person once again, but please be patient with us if our phones or staff are busy, or if an item you wanted is no longer available. We look forward to seeing you soon!