Our staff are working as hard as they can to fulfill online orders and respond to emails quickly. However, due to increased demand, our stretched resources, delays from our suppliers, and delays at Australia Post, your items may take longer than usual to reach you, and we may be slower than usual to respond to emails. At the moment, we estimate up to a week delay in deliveries, and 2 business days to respond to email queries. We really appreciate your understanding and patience in this difficult time.
We can also only currently supply items if they are in stock in our shops or easily available at a local supplier as our access to items from overseas is extremely limited. Items that are not available will have to be cancelled from your order, but please be assured we will only charge for what we send.
Here is how online orders at Readings are currently being processed by us…
1. If all the item/s you have ordered are in stock at Readings, we’ll send your order as promptly as we can.
2. If there are items included in your order that are currently out of stock at Readings, but are expected to be supplied within the next 14 business days we will wait and send your order when it is complete.
3. If there are items included in your order that are not available currently in Australia we will cancel those items and suggest you order again once normality has returned.
4. Your credit card will not be charged until your order is ready to be dispatched.
5. We use Fastway couriers and Australia Post to deliver items. At the moment our technology does not enable us to send tracking information. However, on request we can to provide you with shipping information if we have it available.
As mentioned above, your items may take longer than usual to reach you due to our stretched resources, delays from our suppliers, and delays at Australia Post. We really appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.
Orders of in-stock items will be shipped by our web team as quickly as we can. At the moment, in-stock items are being dispatched in 2-3 business days, with further delivery delays expected from Australia Post. Delivery times will vary depending on the location the package is being sent to. Please note, you will not be charged until your order is ready to be dispatched.
Our stock data is updated on the website every day, but availability may change throughout the day for in-demand items. A title showing as in stock may not currently be available at Readings. We will advise you of this if we don’t have more copies imminent.
Once items are lodged with Australia Post Readings cannot be responsible for lost or delayed packages but will endeavour to track orders where possible. If delays are experienced please check in with your local Australia Post office and if your order hasn’t arrived after 3 weeks please contact us. For more information about deliveries visit Australia Post.
The delays at Australia Post mean we can also no longer ensure the timely delivery of Express Post parcels.
By placing an order online, you agree not to hold Readings liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay or failure to deliver within the estimated time frame.
- Australia, $6.50 flat rate; orders $120 and over are free
- Express post within Australia: $15.95, for parcels up to 3kg only
- New Zealand: $15 flat rate
- China/ Japan/ Hong Kong: $30 flat rate
- India/SE Asia: $30 flat rate
- USA/Canada: $30 flat rate
- Pacific: $30 flat rate
- UK/Western Europe: $30 flat rate
- Eastern Europe/Scandinavia/Turkey: $30 flat rate
- Rest of the World: $30 flat rate
Please note, we do revise quotes for large orders. If we need to revise your international freight quote, we will contact once your order is placed.
Readings delivers worldwide via Australia Post. Please visit Australia Post for global delivery estimates. www1.auspost.com.au/international.
Readings does not accept cash or cheques for the payment of items online. Readings accepts no responsibility for the theft, loss or otherwise non-delivery of mailed cash or cheques.
Prices of products on the Readings website are subject to change without notice.
Please note, due to the difficulties of Covid restrictions in our warehouse, we have temporarily suspended our free gift wrapping service for online orders.
Redeeming gift cards & online gift vouchers
When redeeming Readings gift cards or online gift vouchers, simply enter the barcode on the back of your gift card or the barcode on your online voucher into the ‘Gift card code’ field in the checkout. You will still need to enter your credit card details, but we will only charge you if your order exceeds the amount of money your gift card is worth.
Libraries & schools
We offer Australian libraries and schools a 20% discount off full price books for online orders. To set up an account, head to our Schools and Libraries page and fill in the enquiry form. One of our staff will then be in touch.
Once your account is set up, you can log in and access your discount on all orders.
Bargain books & remainders
Bargain books (found on our bargains page) are made available at heavily discounted prices and although we strive to supply them in the best quality possible, they may occasionally be received in slightly less than mint condition.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.