Readings St Kilda
With the global health crisis ongoing, we are committed to providing a safe environment for our staff and customers. Below you will find the current conditions of entry for our St Kilda shop.
- Proof of vaccination status required
- Check in using the displayed QR code or our pen-and-paper alternative.
- Use hand sanitiser on entry.
- Fitted face masks are mandatory, unless exempt.
- Maintain physical distancing and stay 1.5m from others.
- Keep your visit to within 15 minutes.
- Do not enter if unwell.
- Limit contact with surfaces & products.
- Follow directions to queue outside if required.
- Treat staff and other customers with respect.
- Payment by card preferred.
About Readings St Kilda
Having traded on Acland Street for close to 20 years, previously as the independent Cosmos, our St Kilda store is one of the community’s longest-running businesses. Our selection includes a wide range of books by Australian and international authors, encompassing literature, history, art and design, travel, cookery, children’s books and more. A diverse range of popular DVDs and CDs are stocked, with new release vinyl records a specialty.
During trading hours, the front door is generally open and the shop is accessible for people whose mobility is impaired and wheelchair users. In rare cases, the front entrance may be closed due to bad weather. Clear signage can be found throughout the shop, but there are some areas where shelves and free-standing displays are spaced more closely together, which may make it difficult to move comfortably around. The shop floor is split into three levels but as the floor slopes to accommodate this, there are no steps.
There are several seating areas throughout the shop floor, which provides places for people to rest.
If you have any difficulties moving around the shop, encounter hard-to-reach titles, or require a pen and paper to communicate, staff members are always on hand to help.
If you have any specific questions regarding accessibility, please contact the shop directly.