Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Readings.
Readings is an independent bookseller with several branches located around Melbourne; in Carlton, Doncaster, Hawthorn, Malvern, St Kilda and within the State Library of Victoria, plus an online shop. You can read more about us here.
When employment opportunities arise, our Managers look to engage enthusiastic retailers who share our passion for books, music and film, who can demonstrate a strong customer service focus, and who are keen to share their product knowledge.
We’re fortunate to receive many unsolicited applications for employment which means, when employment opportunities do come up, our Managers are generally able to take on people with bookselling or other relevant industry experience.
Specialised positions within our shops and marketing department also come up from time to time. When we need to recruit for such positions, you’ll find the advertisement here. Readings doesn’t offer unpaid positions.
Graphic Designer – Readings, Melbourne, VIC
We are seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team. The role will be responsible for the planning, design and production of all print and online advertising, events and promotional materials, shop signage and Readings brand merchandise.
The position is permanent part time, four days per week, and is based at our head office in Carlton.
Working within our marketing team and reporting to the Marketing Manager, the key accountabilities of the role include:
- Branding and style guides
- Design and style of Readings Monthly
- In store Promotional material
- Readings Merchandise
- Shop signage
- Advertising including events
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong creativity and design capabilities
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and genuine dedication to working within a team
- Ability to research and troubleshoot
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge required for the role include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Communications Design/Graphic Design or similar
- Expert in Adobe Creative suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of prepress practices and guidelines
The salary offered for this position is $70,00pa, excluding superannuation. You will also enjoy generous staff discounts.
The position description can be found on here. To apply, please email your CV, digital portfolio and a cover letter describing your experience to Megan Wood, Human Resources Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 15 December 2021, unless the position is filled prior, with the role expected to start from 11 January 2022, with a handover day (paid) in December 2021.