Position: Shop Manager
Based: Westfield Doncaster, Victoria
Status: Permanent Full Time
We are seeking to appoint a new Manager for our Doncaster shop. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic bookseller and experienced supervisor to take on a senior role in our company.
The role is expected to be permanent full time (38 hours per week across 5 days). The shop is open seven days a week, with late closing on Thursdays and Fridays, so flexibility with working hours will be essential.
As a shop Manager for Readings you can expect:
- to join a team of passionate book sellers
- training, resources, support and ongoing professional development opportunities
- a company that values employee development
- to contribute to the strategic development of our business
- a competitive base salary
- annual profit related bonus
- generous employee discounts and other benefits
Reporting to the group Operations Manager, the key duties of this role are:
- Staff management
- Effective financial management
- Buying responsibilities for the shop, including management of the inventory
- Cash management
- Establishing and cultivating positive relationships internally, within the industry, and within the local community, to enhance the profitability and reputation of Readings
The key selection criteria for this position are as follows:
- 2-3 years staff supervisory experience
- experience of book buying and range development
- extensive knowledge of the Australian and international publishing scene
- demonstrated ability to develop business opportunities through relationship building and entrepreneurial flair
- experience of working to targets and meeting deadlines
- sound knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety
Demonstration of the following attributes will be an advantage:
- strategic thinker
- highly organised
- flexible and open-minded
- well developed customer service skills
- effective communication skills
- an empathetic approach
- a confident personality who gains the respect of their peers and subordinates
To apply, please provide your résumé and a covering letter describing your experience and responding to our selection criteria listed above, to Jan Lockwood, Human Resources Manager, via email at email@example.com.
A full position description and more information about Readings can be found here.
If you have questions about this role or the application process please contact Jan Lockwood by email or telephone on (03) 9810 0807.
Applications for this position will close on Wednesday 24th January 2018. Interviews are expected to take place during the week commencing 29th January and the role is expected to start with effect from mid February 2018.