Readings is an independent bookseller with several branches located around Melbourne; in Carlton, Doncaster, Hawthorn, Malvern, St Kilda and within the State Library of Victoria, plus an online shop. You can read more about us here.
Marketing Manager (Fixed Term, Maternity Leave Replacement)
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced marketing professional to lead the marketing team at Readings. This senior position, based at our head office in Carlton, reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for managing the highly engaged team across marketing, online and events, as well as developing, implementing and driving marketing strategies for Readings.
This is a fixed-term maternity leave replacement from April 2019 until February 2020. The role is expected to be full-time, 38 hours per week across 5 days.
As Marketing Manager for Readings, the purpose of your role will be to:
- Manage a team of marketing staff working across events, digital content, social media, visual merchandising, design and the Readings Monthly newsletter.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans that leverage Readings’ unique brand values to reach new and existing customer segments.
- Drive online and in-store sales through promotions, special offers and marketing campaigns.
- Maintain and enhance Readings’ partnerships with media, partners and sponsors, publishers and suppliers, authors and artists, and community groups.
- Develop, monitor and report against budgets.
You will bring to the role:
- Experience in managing a recognised, distinctive brand within either retail, FMCG or Arts/cultural industries
- Experience developing and implementing targeted marketing campaigns (across digital, social, traditional) designed to drive sales
- Budget management experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- A proven track record in managing a team of creative and established people
- Knowledge of the Australian and international publishing scene
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in Marketing.
Are you the professional we are looking for? To apply, please provide your CV and a covering letter describing why you would be a great fit for this role, to Sharon Clements, Human Resources Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.