The Readings Foundation
Established by Readings’ managing director Mark Rubbo in 2009, the Readings Foundation assists Victorian organisations that support the development of literacy, community integration and the arts.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Aid the work of organisations that respond to the needs of disadvantaged groups living in our community;
- Increase the community’s enjoyment of the word in all its forms, including screenwriting, music, theatre, art and the written word; and
- Honour the importance of creativity in community-driven work.
The Readings Foundation grant committee is comprised of Readings Managing Director, Mark Rubbo; author, Helen Garner; former Managing Director of the publisher John Wiley & Sons Australia, Peter Donoughue; the founder of Phase III Business Consulting, Gerald Smith; Vice President of the Small Press Network, Jim Hart, and a current Readings' staff member.
The Readings Foundation awards grants on an annual basis. Application for the 2022 round of grants will be open from Wednesday 8 November to Friday 10 December, 2021. An application link will go live on this page from Wednesday 8 November, 2021.
To be eligible for a Readings Foundation Grant, your organisation must be: based in Victoria (or have activities based in Victoria); and have Deductible Gift Recipient (Item 1) status with the Australian Tax Office (or have an auspice organisation with this status). If you’d like to register your interest or discuss your forthcoming application please feel free to contact our Grants Officer Gab.email@example.com. To apply for a grant, please come back to this page when the link goes live.
Past grant recipients
Here is a complete list of previous successful applicants for Readings Foundation grants.
- 2020 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2019 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2018 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2017 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2016 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2015 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2014 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2011 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2010 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
Making donations to the Readings Foundation
Readings donates 10% of its overall profit to the Readings Foundation each year, and crucial funds are also raised from donations by Readings customers.
You can make a donation to the Readings Foundation by using the online form below. All donations to the Readings Foundation over $2 are tax deductible.
Enquiries should be directed to the grants officer Gabrielle Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.