The Readings Foundation
The Readings Foundation Grants are now closed for 2019
The Readings Foundation awards grants on an annual basis. Every year, the Readings Foundation awards grants to organisations who work with disadvantaged groups in the Victorian community (especially in the areas of literacy, creativity and the arts). The upcoming round of grants for 2019 is now closed. Successful applicants will be notified in the week of final week of November.
About the Readings Foundation
Established by Readings’ managing director Mark Rubbo in 2009, the Readings Foundation assists Victorian organisations that support the development of literacy, community integration and the arts.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Aid the work of organisations that respond to the needs of disadvantaged groups living in our community;
- Increase the community’s enjoyment of the word in all its forms, including screenwriting, music, theatre, art and the written word; and
- Honour the importance of creativity in community-driven work.
The Readings Foundation grant committee includes Readings managing director Mark Rubbo, author Helen Garner, former managing director of Publishers John Wiley Australia Peter Donoughue and Gerald Smith (Phase III Business Consulting), along with current Readings' staff members.
Past grant recipients
Here is a complete list of previous successful applicants for Readings Foundation grants.
- 2018 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2017 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2016 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2015 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2014 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2011 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2010 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
This past year, grants officer Gabrielle Williams has visited a couple of the 2018 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients to see their work in progress. You can read about her visit to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre here, and to the Banksia Gardens Community Services here.
Making donations to the Readings Foundation
Readings donates 10% of its overall profit to the Readings Foundation each year, and crucial funds are also raised from donations by Readings customers.
You can make a donation to the Readings Foundation by using the online form below. All donations to the Readings Foundation over $2 are tax deductible.
Enquiries should be directed to the grants officer Gabrielle Williams at email@example.com.