The Readings Foundation
Established by Readings’ managing director Mark Rubbo in 2009, the Readings Foundation assists Victorian organisations that support the development of literacy, community integration and the arts.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Aid the work of organisations that respond to the needs of disadvantaged groups living in our community;
- Increase the community’s enjoyment of the word in all its forms, including screenwriting, music, theatre, art and the written word; and
- Honour the importance of creativity in community-driven work.
The Readings Foundation grant committee includes Readings managing director Mark Rubbo, author Helen Garner, former managing director of Publishers John Wiley Australia Peter Donoughue and Gerald Smith (Phase III Business Consulting), along with current Readings' staff members.
The Readings Foundation awards grants on an annual basis and funds have already been allocated for 2019. Grants usually open around October of each year.
The Readings Foundation grant recipients for 2019
The Readings Foundation has announced $146,700 worth of grants to support a range of projects and organisations within Victoria in 2019. This year, the grant committee has chosen to allocate funding to organisations that are delivering strong literacy and education support to the most disadvantaged people in our community.
Here are the Readings Foundation grant recipients for 2019…
- Aboriginal Literacy Foundation – $20,000
- Ballarat Foundation – $19,700
- Banksia Gardens Community Service – $20,000
- Church of All Nations – $20,000
- Kids Under Cover – $5,000
- Mallee Family Care – $10,000
- Parkville College – $20,000
- The Smith Family – $12,000
- The Wheeler Centre – $20,000
Find out more about these organisations and the amazing work they do here.
Past grant recipients
Here is a complete list of previous successful applicants for Readings Foundation grants.
- 2018 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2017 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2016 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2015 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2014 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2011 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2010 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
Making donations to the Readings Foundation
Readings donates 10% of its overall profit to the Readings Foundation each year, and crucial funds are also raised from donations by Readings customers.
You can make a donation to the Readings Foundation by using the online form below. All donations to the Readings Foundation over $2 are tax deductible.
Enquiries should be directed to the grants officer Gabrielle Williams at email@example.com.