The Readings Foundation
The Readings Foundation has announced $128,349 worth of grants to support a range of projects and organisations within Victoria in 2017. This round of funding focuses strongly on organisations that are delivering literacy and education support to the most disadvantaged people in our community, from as near as Carlton, to as far away as Ballarat.
The Readings Foundation is pleased to award grants to the following 10 organisations in 2017:
- African Communities Foundation Australia ($15,000)
- Banksia Gardens Community Services ($10,000)
- Berry Street Victoria ($17,900)
- Brotherhood of St Laurence ($11,500)
- Church of All Nations ($20,000)
- Maldon Athenaeum Library ($8,000)
- Odyssey House ($10,000)
- Preston Reservoir Adult Community Education ($20,000)
- River Nile Learning Centre ($7,949)
- The Smith Family ($8,000)
In addition to the 10 organisations listed above, The Readings Foundation will continue to support The Wheeler Centre’s Hot Desk Fellowships for the sixth year in a row.
You can read more about these organisations and their 2017 projects here.
Applications for 2018 grants will open 9am Monday 25th September 2017 via an electronic form.
The deadline for applications will be 5pm Monday 23rd October 2017.
About The Readings Foundation
Established by Readings’ managing director Mark Rubbo in 2009, The Readings Foundation assists Victorian organisations that support the development of literacy, community integration and the arts.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Aid the work of organisations that respond to the needs of disadvantaged groups living in our community;
- Increase the community’s enjoyment of the word in all its forms, including screenwriting, music, theatre, art and the written word; and
- Honour the importance of creativity in community-driven work.
The Readings Foundation grant committee includes Readings managing director Mark Rubbo, author Helen Garner, former managing director of Publishers John Wiley Australia Peter Donoughue and Gerald Smith (Phase III Business Consulting), along with current Readings' staff members.
The Readings Foundation grants funds annually, with applications opening in late September and closing in late October. Funding decisions are made by December, and funds are available in January.
To be eligible for a grant, your organisation must: be based in Victoria, or have activities based in Victoria; have Deductible Gift Recipient (Item 1) status with the Australian Tax Office, or; have an auspice organisation with this status. Your organisation can apply for funding between $1,000 and $20,000, and proposals must address the aims of The Readings Foundation.
Past Grant Recipients
Here is a complete list of previous successful applicants for Readings Foundation grants.
- 2016 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2015 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2014 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2011 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2010 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
Readings donates 10% of its overall profit to The Readings Foundation each year, and crucial funds are also raised from donations by Readings customers.
You can make a donation to The Readings Foundation using the online form below. All donations to The Readings Foundation over $2 are tax deductible.
Enquiries should be directed to the Grants Officer Leanne Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.