The Readings Foundation
The Readings Foundation grants are now open for 2019
The Readings Foundation awards grants on an annual basis. The upcoming round of grants for 2019 are now open and will close at 5pm on Monday 15 October, 2018. Organisations who work with disadvantaged groups in the Victorian community (especially in the areas of literacy, creativity and the arts) can apply for funding amounts from $1,000 to $20,000.
In order to be eligible for a Readings Foundation Grant, your organisation must be: based in Victoria, or have activities based in Victoria; and have Deductible Gift Recipient (Item 1) status with the Australian Tax Office, or have an auspice organisation with this status.
Grant applications must be completed online via this electronic form.
You can view the questions beforehand by downloading a PDF of the application here. (Please note, this PDF is for information only. The application must be completed via the online form).
Applications for the 2018 Readings Foundation grants must be completed and lodged electronically by 5pm on Monday 15 October, 2018. Applicants will be notified of decisions by early December 2018.
About the Readings Foundation
Established by Readings’ managing director Mark Rubbo in 2009, the Readings Foundation assists Victorian organisations that support the development of literacy, community integration and the arts.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Aid the work of organisations that respond to the needs of disadvantaged groups living in our community;
- Increase the community’s enjoyment of the word in all its forms, including screenwriting, music, theatre, art and the written word; and
- Honour the importance of creativity in community-driven work.
The Readings Foundation grant committee includes Readings managing director Mark Rubbo, author Helen Garner, former managing director of Publishers John Wiley Australia Peter Donoughue and Gerald Smith (Phase III Business Consulting), along with current Readings' staff members.
Past grant recipients
Here is a complete list of previous successful applicants for Readings Foundation grants.
- 2018 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2017 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2016 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2015 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2014 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2011 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2010 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
This past year, grants officer Gabrielle Williams has visited a couple of the 2018 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients to see their work in progress. You can read about her visit to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre here, and to the Banksia Gardens Community Services here.
Making donations to the Readings Foundation
Readings donates 10% of its overall profit to the Readings Foundation each year, and crucial funds are also raised from donations by Readings customers.
You can make a donation to the Readings Foundation by using the online form below. All donations to the Readings Foundation over $2 are tax deductible.
Enquiries should be directed to the grants officer Gabrielle Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.