The Readings Foundation
Established by Readings’ managing director Mark Rubbo in 2009, the Readings Foundation assists Victorian organisations that support the development of literacy, community integration and the arts.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Aid the work of organisations that respond to the needs of disadvantaged groups living in our community;
- Increase the community’s enjoyment of the word in all its forms, including screenwriting, music, theatre, art and the written word; and
- Honour the importance of creativity in community-driven work.
The Readings Foundation grant committee is comprised of Readings Managing Director, Mark Rubbo; author, Helen Garner; former Managing Director of the publisher John Wiley & Sons Australia, Peter Donoughue; the founder of Phase III Business Consulting, Gerald Smith; Vice President of the Small Press Network, Jim Hart, and a current Readings' staff member.
The Readings Foundation generally awards grants on an annual basis, with applications opening in mid-September each year. However, COVID-19 has put a spanner in the works. Our business and the profits that fund the Foundation are in a state of limbo; therefore we have decided to postpone the grants process until the situation becomes clearer. To all those organisations (and their clients) who are struggling through this very difficult time, please be assured that we plan to open the Grants process as soon as possible. In the meantime, you’re in our thoughts, and we wish you all the best.
Past grant recipients
Here is a complete list of previous successful applicants for Readings Foundation grants.
- 2020 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2019 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2018 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2017 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2016 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2015 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2014 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2011 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2010 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
Making donations to the Readings Foundation
Readings donates 10% of its overall profit to the Readings Foundation each year, and crucial funds are also raised from donations by Readings customers.
You can make a donation to the Readings Foundation by using the online form below. All donations to the Readings Foundation over $2 are tax deductible.
Enquiries should be directed to the grants officer Gabrielle Williams at email@example.com.