The Readings Foundation
The Readings Foundation grant recipients for 2020
The Readings Foundation has announced $135,142 worth of grants to support a range of projects and organisations within Victoria in 2020. This year, the Foundation received 37 applications and are able to awarding grants to 13 organisations.
The 2020 grant recipients include…
- Banksia Gardens Community Service
- Carringbush Adult Education
- Church of All Nations
- Farnham Street Neighbourhood Learning Centre
- Fitzroy Learning Network
- Maldon Athenaeum Library
- Mallee Family Care
- Paint the Town REaD
- The Smith Family
- Western Chances c/- Footscray Hospital
- Wheeler Centre
- Whitehorse Manningham Regional Library Corporation
- Zoe Support Australia
Find out more about these terrific organisations and the work they do here.
About the Readings Foundation
Established by Readings’ managing director Mark Rubbo in 2009, the Readings Foundation assists Victorian organisations that support the development of literacy, community integration and the arts.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Aid the work of organisations that respond to the needs of disadvantaged groups living in our community;
- Increase the community’s enjoyment of the word in all its forms, including screenwriting, music, theatre, art and the written word; and
- Honour the importance of creativity in community-driven work.
The Readings Foundation grant committee is comprised of Readings Managing Director, Mark Rubbo; author, Helen Garner; former Managing Director of the publisher John Wiley & Sons Australia, Peter Donoughue; the founder of Phase III Business Consulting, Gerald Smith; Vice President of the Small Press Network, Jim Hart, and a current Readings' staff member.
Applications for Readings Foundation grants open in October of each year. In order to be eligible for a grant, your organisation must be: based in Victoria, or have activities based in Victoria, have Deductible Gift Recipient (Item 1) status with the Australian Tax Office, or have an auspice organisation with this status. Please check back here in October of 2020 to find out about applying for 2021 grants.
Past grant recipients
Here is a complete list of previous successful applicants for Readings Foundation grants.
- 2019 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2018 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2017 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2016 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2015 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2014 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2011 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2010 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
Making donations to the Readings Foundation
Readings donates 10% of its overall profit to the Readings Foundation each year, and crucial funds are also raised from donations by Readings customers.
You can make a donation to the Readings Foundation by using the online form below. All donations to the Readings Foundation over $2 are tax deductible.
Enquiries should be directed to the grants officer Gabrielle Williams at email@example.com.