Our Best Books, Music & Film of 2013
Every year we vote for our favourite books, CDs and DVDs of the past twelve months, and the results are always an interesting mix of big names and débuts, of powerful local releases and fascinating imports, of the heartbreaking and the hilarious.
Some titles are were ones we would’ve predicted, having been talked about loudly and often all year (such as Hannah Kent’s mesmerising novel Burial Rites). Others are more of a surprise - releases that have slipped under the radar of most readers, but are steadily gaining a following here in Australia (such as Ellena Ferrante’s stunning My Brilliant Friend).
Here’s a round up of our best books, music & film of the past year, as voted for by Readings staff:
- The Best Fiction of 2013
- The Best Non-Fiction of 2013
- The Best Crime Fiction of 2013
- The Best Young Adult Books of 2013
- The Best Picture Books of 2013
- The Best Junior & Middle Fiction of 2013
- The Best Food & Garden Books of 2013
- The Best Art & Design Books of 2013
- The Best DVDs of 2013
- The Best Pop CDs of 2013
- The Best Classical CDs of 2013