ABA Booksellers' Choice Book of the Year Awards shortlists 2020
The shortlists for the Australian Booksellers Association’s (ABA) Booksellers’ Choice Book of the Year Awards have been announced. These awards recognise the titles that booksellers most enjoyed reading and hand-selling during 2019.
This year, for the first time, the awards will be presented in three categories: adult fiction, nonfiction and children’s. Below are this year’s shortlisted titles for each category.
- The Wife and the Widow by Christian White
- Bruny by Heather Rose
- The Weekend by Charlotte Wood
- Silver by Chris Hammer
- There Was Still Love by Favel Parrett
- The Yield by Tara June Winch
- Kitty Flanagan’s 488 Rules for Life by Kitty Flanagan
- Your Own Kind of Girl by Clare Bowditch
- See What You Made Me Do by Jess Hill
- The Whole Fish Cookbook by Josh Niland
- Tell Me Why by Archie Roach
- Sand Talk by Tyson Yunkaporta
- Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Ugly Animals by Sami Bayly
- All The Factors of Why I Love Tractors by Davina Bell & Jenny Løvlie
- Young Dark Emu: A Truer History by Bruce Pascoe
- Lunch at 10 Pomegranate Street by Felicita Sala
- The Tiny Star by Mem Fox & Freya Blackwood
- It Sounded Better In My Head by Nina Kenwood
This year’s winners will be announced on Wednesday, 8 July.