The Wainwright Prize shortlists 2020
Now in its seventh year, The Wainwright Prize for UK Nature Writing is awarded annually to the book which most successfully inspires readers to explore the outdoors and to nurture a respect for the natural world. In 2020, the prize has been extended to include a second category for books about global conservation and climate change.
Below are the two shortlists for each category.
The 2020 Wainwright Prize for UK Nature Writing shortlist is:
- Diary of a Young Naturalist by Dara McAnulty
- The Frayed Atlantic Edge by David Gange
- On the Red Hill by Mike Parker
- Dark, Salt, Clear by Lamorna Ash
- Native: Life in a Vanishing Landscape by Patrick Laurie
- Dancing with Bees by Brigit Strawbridge Howard
- Wanderland by Jini Reddy
The 2020 Wainwright Prize for Writing on Global Conservation shortlist is:
- Irreplaceable by Julian Hoffman
- Life Changing by Helen Pilcher
- Rebirding by Benedict Macdonald
- Sitopia by Carolyn Steel
- What We Need to Do Now by Chris Goodall
- Working with Nature by Jeremy Purseglove
The winners of both categories will be announced on 9 September. Please visit the Wainwright Prize website for more information about this year’s shortlisted books.