The Environment Award for Children’s Literature shortlist 2020
The Wilderness Society has announced the shortlist for the 2020 Environment Award for Children’s Literature.
This award is presented annually to fiction and nonfiction books that ‘foster a love of wild places and wildlife in young Australians’ and ‘encourage a sense of responsibility for our natural world’.
Here are the shortlisted books for each category…
- One Tree by Christopher Cheng & Bruce Whatley
- Wilam by Andrew Kelly, Aunty Joy Murphy & Lisa Kennedy
- One Careless Night by Christina Booth
- The Fate of Fausto by Oliver Jeffers
- You Can Change the World by Lucy Bell
- Fauna: Australia’s Most Curious Creatures by Tania McCartney
- A Hollow is a Home by Abbie Mitchell & Astred Hicks
- Explore Your World: Weird, Wild, Amazing! by Tim Flannery & Sam Caldwell
- Eco Rangers: Microbat Mayhem by Candice Lemon-Scott & Aśka
- Super Sidekicks 2: Ocean’s Revenge by Gavin Aung Than
The 2020 winners will be announced in September of this year. Find out more about this year’s shortlisted titles here.