Our children’s & YA top 10 bestsellers of the week
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
- Welcome To Country by Aunty Joy Murphy & Lisa Kennedy
- Bluey: The Beach
- Bluey: The Creek
- The Year the Maps Changed by Danielle Binks
- Slime by David Walliams & Tony Ross
- Bluey: Big Backyard
- Respect by Aunty Fay Muir, Sue Lawson & Lisa Kennedy
- The Dog Runner by Bren MacDibble
- Bluey: Time to Play!
Suzanne Collins proves that it doesn’t matter if it’s ten years between books - the prequel and fourth book in her Hunger Games sequence, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, snatches the top spot for the second week. The simple delights of Bluey also continue to soothe and entertain us, with four Bluey titles making it into our top 10.
And if you have middle- to upper-primary aged readers in your house, take a cue from the truly excellent middle grade books in our bestsellers. If they like thoughtful books, give them The Year the Maps Changed. If funny is more their thing, you won’t go wrong with David Walliams' Slime. And if they relish action adventure books, simply hand them The Dog Runner.