The Environment Award for Children’s Literature shortlist 2018
The Wilderness Society has announced the shortlist for the 2018 Environment Award for Children’s Literature.
This award is presented annually to fiction and nonfiction books that ‘foster a love of wild places and wildlife in young Australians’ and ‘encourage a sense of responsibility for our natural world’.
Here are the shortlisted books for each category…
- Can You Find Me? by Gordon Winch & Patrick Shirvington
- Tilly’s Reef Adventure by Rhonda N Garward
- Fluke by Lesley Gibbes & Michelle Dawson
- Florette by Anna Walker
- A is for Australian Animals by Frané Lessac
- Exploring Soils by Samantha Grover & Camille Heisler
- Rock Pool Secrets by Narelle Oliver
- Coral Sea Dreaming by Kim Michelle Toft
- Ella Diaries: Going Green (Book 11) by Meredith Costain & Danielle McDonald
- Pippa’s Island: The Beach Shack Cafe (Book 1) by Belinda Murrell
- Wombat Warriors by Samantha Wheeler
The 2018 winners will be announced in October. Find out more about this year’s shortlisted titles here.