The Australian Book Design Awards shortlists 2019
The Australian Book Design Awards celebrate the bravest and brightest, the most original and beautiful books published in Australia each year.
Here are some of the 2019 shortlistees for the different award categories
Best Designed Commercial Fiction Cover
- Dinner with the Dissidents, design by Josh Durham (Design by Committee)
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, design by Hazel Lam
- The Way Things Should Be, design by Alissa Dinallo
- Unbreaking the Girl, design by Lisa White
Best Designed Literary Fiction Cover
- A Superior Spectre, design by Josh Durham (Design by Committee)
- Apple and Knife, design by Brett Weekes & Rosetta Lake Mills
- Felix Culpa, design by Allison Colpoys
- The Dictionary of Animal Languages, design by Laura Thomas
Best Designed Autobiography/Biography/Memoir/Non-Fiction Cover
- A Long Way from No Go, design by Mandy Braddick (Wojamin Design) & Debra Billson
- Magic, design by Josh Durham (Design by Committee)
- No Country Woman, design by Astred Hicks (Design Cherry)
- The Power of Hope, design by Hazel Lam
Best Designed Children’s Illustrated Book
- All the Ways to Be Smart, design by Allison Colpoys
- Cicada, design by Shaun Tan
- Rhyme Cordial, design by Miriam Rosenbloom & Antonia Pesenti
You can view the shortlisted books across all the categories here.
The winners of the 2019 Australian Book Design Awards will be announced at the Awards Party on Friday 31 May at the State Library of New South Wales in Sydney.
Find out more here.