Our children’s & YA top 10 bestsellers of the week
- Welcome To Country by Lisa Kennedy & Aunty Joy Murphy
- Our Home, Our Heartbeat by Adam Briggs, Kate Moon & Rachael Sarra
- Finding Our Heart by Thomas Mayor & Blak Douglas
- Respect by Aunty Fay Muir, Sue Lawson & Lisa Kennedy
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
- Take the Shot by Susan White
- Sorry Day by Coral Vass & Dub Leffler
- Young Dark Emu by Bruce Pascoe
- Bluey: Big Backyard
- The Readings Young Adult Book Prize 2020 Shortlist Pack
It was a week where many people were reflecting on the Black Lives Matter marches taking place around the world, and this was very much reflected in our kids and YA bestsellers. Books by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander authors and illustrators were in demand, including the new picture books Our Home, Our Heartbeat , Finding Our Heart, and Respect, and the already-classic books, Welcome To Country, Young Dark Emu and Sorry Day. If you’re interested in reading into this area, we have recommendations for kids and teens.
We were thrilled to announce the shortlist for the 2020 Readings Young Adult Prize last week and this made an instant impact on our bestsellers. Susan White’s basketball-themed Take the Shot was a popular choice, and our specially priced pack of all six shortlisted books walked off our shelves.