The Readings Foundation
Established by Readings’ managing director Mark Rubbo in 2009, The Readings Foundation assists Victorian organisations that support the development of literacy, community integration and the arts.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Aid the work of organisations that respond to the needs of disadvantaged groups living in our community;
- Increase the community’s enjoyment of the word in all its forms, including screenwriting, music, theatre, art and the written word; and
- Honour the importance of creativity in community-driven work.
The Readings Foundation grant committee includes Readings managing director Mark Rubbo, author Helen Garner, former managing director of Publishers John Wiley Australia Peter Donoughue and Gerald Smith (Phase III Business Consulting), along with current and former Readings' staff members.
Grant Recipients for 2015
In 2015, The Readings Foundation grant funding has a strong focus on those organisations directly supporting disadvantaged communities by way of literacy and educational assistance programs. Grants have been awarded to the following organisations:
- Somebody’s Daughter Theatre
- Reading Out Of Poverty
- Mallee Family Care
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
- Migrant Information Centre
- Aboriginal Literacy Foundation
- Church of All Nations Community Support
- HUSH Music Foundation
- The Wheeler Centre
You can read more about these recipients and their projects here.
In addition to these important initiatives, The Readings Foundation will also be providing ongoing support to our longstanding partnerships with the Sacred Heart Mission and the Brotherhood of St Laurence’s HIPPY (Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters) program.
Past Grant Recipients
You can also read about successful applicants for Readings Foundation grants over the past years:
- 2014 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2011 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2010 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
Grant applications for 2016 will open in October of this year.
The Trustees may consider making grants for projects outside Victoria. Applications for such projects will only be considered at the discretion of The Trustees and usually only in exceptional circumstances.
Enquiries should be directed to the Grants Officer Bronte Coates at email@example.com.
Make a Donation
Readings donates 10% of its overall profit to The Readings Foundation each year, and crucial funds are also raised from donations by Readings customers.
You can make a donation to The Readings Foundation using the online form below. All donations to The Readings Foundation over $2 are tax deductible.