The Readings Foundation
Established by Readings’ managing director Mark Rubbo in 2009, The Readings Foundation assists Victorian organisations that support the development of literacy, community integration and the arts.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Aid the work of organisations that respond to the needs of disadvantaged groups living in our community;
- Increase the community’s enjoyment of the word in all its forms, including screenwriting, music, theatre, art and the written word; and
- Honour the importance of creativity in community-driven work.
The Readings Foundation grant committee includes Readings managing director Mark Rubbo, author Helen Garner, former managing director of Publishers John Wiley Australia Peter Donoughue and Gerald Smith (Phase III Business Consulting), along with current and former Readings' staff members.
Readings donates 10% of its overall profit to The Readings Foundation each year, and crucial funds are also raised from donations by Readings customers.
You can make a donation to The Readings Foundation using the online form below. All donations to The Readings Foundation over $2 are tax deductible.
Grant Recipients for 2016
Applications for The Readings Foundation Grants 2016 have closed. The successful applications will be announced in late November.
Past Grant Recipients
Here is a complete list of previous successful applicants for Readings Foundation grants.
- 2015 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2014 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2011 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2010 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
Enquiries should be directed to the Grants Officer Leanne Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.