The Readings Foundation
Applications for The Readings Foundation grants for 2017
Applications for The Readings Foundation grants for the 2017 calendar year are now open. We are collecting applications via an online survey until 5pm Monday 31st October, 2016.
Please apply here.
To see a preview of the application questions, please download this PDF. We strongly recommend preparing your responses in advance.
To be eligible for a grant, your organisation must: be based in Victoria, or have activities based in Victoria; have Deductible Gift Recipient (Item 1) status with the Australian Tax Office, or; have an auspice organisation with this status.
Your organisation can apply for funding between $1,000 and $20,000, and proposals must address the aims of The Readings Foundation (see below). It may help to look at previous grant recipients.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Grants Officer, Leanne Hall, on email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 31st October 2016. Applications will not be accepted after this time.
About The Readings Foundation
Established by Readings’ managing director Mark Rubbo in 2009, The Readings Foundation assists Victorian organisations that support the development of literacy, community integration and the arts.
The aims of the Foundation are to:
- Aid the work of organisations that respond to the needs of disadvantaged groups living in our community;
- Increase the community’s enjoyment of the word in all its forms, including screenwriting, music, theatre, art and the written word; and
- Honour the importance of creativity in community-driven work.
The Readings Foundation grant committee includes Readings managing director Mark Rubbo, author Helen Garner, former managing director of Publishers John Wiley Australia Peter Donoughue and Gerald Smith (Phase III Business Consulting), along with current Readings' staff members.
The Readings Foundation grants funds annually.
Past Grant Recipients
Here is a complete list of previous successful applicants for Readings Foundation grants.
- 2016 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2015 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2014 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2011 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
- 2010 Readings Foundation Grant Recipients
Readings donates 10% of its overall profit to The Readings Foundation each year, and crucial funds are also raised from donations by Readings customers.
You can make a donation to The Readings Foundation using the online form below. All donations to The Readings Foundation over $2 are tax deductible.
Enquiries should be directed to the Grants Officer Leanne Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.