Senior Customer Service Officer: Children’s Specialist – Readings, Books Music & Film, St Kilda, VIC
We are seeking an experienced book retailer to secure a senior customer service position as the Children’s Specialist and Buyer for our vibrant St Kilda branch. The role is expected to be permanent part-time, 4 days (34.5 hours approx) per week, including Friday and Saturday. Role responsibilities will comprise the entire range of duties relating to our Children’s inventory, including maintenance and purchasing of inventory (including books and gift lines), receiving and returning stock, shelving, marketing of Children’s books, as well as general shop duties.
It is essential for the applicant to have:
- A solid retail sales track record, including buying experience, specifically in the book industry
- Extensive knowledge of Children’s literature
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven high level customer service skills
- Excellent product merchandising skills
- Experience with budget management
- Solid computer skills, including use of spreadsheets, the internet, and inventory management systems
Prior experience working with BookNet would be an advantage.
Applications for this position will close on 12th August, unless filled prior.
If you are an enthusiastic and self motivated person who shares our passion for literature and supporting the creative arts, please provide your résumé and a covering letter describing your relevant experience to Jan Lockwood, Human Resources Manager. A full position description can be found here.