An essential resource for all Australian and New Zealand gardeners who care about their family’s health and the environment.
Organic gardening leaves your patch of earth in a better condition than you found it by working with nature rather than against it. A practicable and better alternative to chemical-dependent and environmentally unsustainable cultivation practices, organic gardening prevents soil damage, and results in more nutritious food, and fewer contaminated waterways and poison-resistant pests.
Written by a certified-organic farmer and gardener, Easy Organic Gardening and Moon Planting is an indispensable reference to organic cultivation methods. It also contains an easy-to-follow moon-planting guide to help gardeners to work with the cycles of nature, listing the best planting, harvesting, and pruning days from 2012 to 2017.
Full of common sense and wisdom, and written in a friendly, conversational voice, this book includes comprehensive information and advice about
- how to protect your garden from climate change and save water
- how to revitalise garden soil and keep it healthy
- how to use composting and worm-farming techniques to transform garden and kitchen waste into top-quality, organic fertiliser
- how to grow your own fruit and vegetables in garden beds or pots
- how to raise healthier, pest- and disease-resistant seedlings, shrubs and trees without using poisons
This wide-ranging book also features an extensive listing of Australian native plants, and a month-by-month diary of what to plant when for all climate zones of Australia and New Zealand. For aspiring and experienced gardeners alike, Easy Organic Gardening and Moon Planting will make your whole garden more vigorous, and a healthier haven for your family, pets, and native fauna.
‘This is really the only kitchen gardening book you’ll ever need.’ Habitat Australia
‘A fine acquisition for any gardener who wants to get back to nature.’ The Weekly Times