Bestselling books from the 2010 Global Atheist Convention
The Rise of Atheism - the first Global Atheist Convention in Melbourne - took place at the Melbourne Convention Centre over the weekend. The event was an extraordinary success, one of the busiest events that Readings has ever been an official bookselller for.
Thousands attended and lined up after each session to meet and talk to authors including A.C. Grayling and Richard Dawkins (above) - who sat for more than two hours signing copies of his books - The Greatest Show on Earth and the 2006 bestseller The God Delusion.
Read Stephen Bullivant and Lois Lee’s article about the Atheist Convention as published in today’s Age.
Here are the top ten bestselling books as sold by Readings at the convention over the weekend.
ATHEIST CONVENTION BESTSELLING BOOKS
- The Greatest Show On Earth: The Evidence For Evolution — Richard Dawkins
- 50 Voices of Disbelief: Why We Are Atheists — Russell Blackford and Udo Schuklenk
- When God Speaks For Himself — Mark Tier
- Thinking Of Answers — A.C. Grayling
- The God Delusion — Richard Dawkins
- The Life You Can Save: Acting Now To End World Poverty — Peter Singer
- God is NOT Great: How Religion Poisons Everything — Christopher Hitchens
- Ideas That Matter: Key Concepts For The 21st Century — A.C. Grayling
- The Book Of Atheist Spirituality — Andre Comte-Sponville
- Free To A Good Home — Catherine Deveny