Australian Identity in a Changing Landscape: A conversation at Cinema Nova
Cinema Nova, 380 Lygon Street, Carlton
We are thrilled to announce a panel that will expand the way you think about Australia and its place in the world as we launch Australian Foreign Affairs Issue 5. This fifth issue of the journal Australian Foreign Affairs examines Australia’s struggle to define its identity and place in Asia as it balances its historic ties to the West with its geography.
Join us to be part of a necessary conversation about Australia’s past, present and future.
- Santilla Chingaipe is a journalist who has reported on Africa and Australia’s African communities.
- George Megalogenis is a journalist, political commentator and author.
- Christos Tsiolkas is a novelist, playwright and essayist.
- David Walker is a historian and emeritus professor at Deakin University whose latest book is Stranded Nation: White Australia in an Asian Region.
- Alice Pung is an award-winning writer, editor, teacher and lawyer. Her most recent book is Close to Home.
Tickets are $25 per person and includes a copy of Australian Foreign Affairs Issue 5.
Please book here.
Celebrating 50 years of Readings
Readings is celebrating our 50 year history in 2019. To honour the stories that have emerged from the books on our shelves, we are hosting 50 special events that illustrate passion, artistry and Australian literature. We hope you will join us.
This is our seventh event of the series.