The shortlisted titles for this year's Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards have been announced.
A big congratulations to all the authors and publishers. This year's shortlist features plenty of favourites including Anna Funder, Gillian Mears, Frank Moorhouse and Alice Pung. All category winners will go in the running to win the Victorian Prize for Literature, worth $100,000.
Here are the shortlisted titles for each category:
Vance Palmer Prize for Fiction
- Foal’s Bread by Gillian Mears
- A History of Books by Gerald Murnane
- The Cook by Wayne Macauley
- Mateship with Birds by Carrie Tiffany
- All That I Am by Anna Funder
- Cold Light by Frank Moorhouse
Nettie Palmer Prize for Non-fiction
- The Biggest Estate on Earth by Bill Gammage
- The Hall of Uselessness by Simon Leys
- Her Father’s Daughter by Alice Pung
- Adelaide by Kerryn Goldsworthy
- 1835: The Founding of Melbourne and The Conquest of Australia by James Boyce
- True North: The Story of Mary and Elizabeth Durack by Brenda Niall
Prize for Writing for Young Adults
CJ Dennis Prize for Poetry
Louis Esson Prize for Drama
- National Interest by Aiden Fennessy
- A Golem Story by Lally Katz
- Boxman by Daniel Keene
As part of the Emerging Writer's Festival earlier this year the 2012 Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for an unpublished manuscript was awarded to The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Text Publishing have snapped up this book as well as two other titles from Simsion.
Don't forget to vote for your favourite book to win this year’s People’s Choice Award.
For more information on the awards please visit the Wheeler Centre website.